- You are brave and for that, you have my utmost respect.
- Eat chocolate, ice cream, or have a margarita whenever you need one.
- Never get a haircut or buy a chainsaw when on hormones. Trust me on this.
- Don’t ever, not for one second, lose your sense of humor.
- Don’t ever, not for one second, watch anything related to the Duggar family. It’ll just piss you off.
- Never apologize or feel bad for day dreaming about punching someone in their face.
- You’re not alone. There are countless out there like us.
- Please remember to have sex occasionally just for fun no matter when it is in the cycle.
- Watch RuPaul’s Drag Rage and The Golden Girls as often as possible.
- Don’t let this define who you are as a person or a woman.
- Never forget that we’re not failures. We’ve done nothing wrong and we’ve done nothing to deserve this.
If you’d prefer to boycott Mother’s Day, anyone who is close to you should understand. Send cards to your own mother, grandmother, etc. but discuss it with them ahead of time and let them know while it’s nothing personal, you would prefer to “skip this year” and mark the day in your own way. This can also be an opportunity to educate those around you on what you’re dealing with and how to best support you.
And as always, I'm sending everyone in the community my very best wishes no matter where you are in journey. Be good to yourself - we all deserve it.